HIIG Mining & Quarry
Specialized coverage options for mining and quarry operations
HIIG Mining underwriters have an expansive appetite for mining related energy risks including:
- Coal and hard rock mining operators
- Aggregate, sand, gravel, and crushed stone operations
- Dimensional and specialty stone contractors
- Processing facilities and site excavators
- Security contractors and mining industry consultants
- Machine shops including material handling repairs
- Metal fabrication and welding operations
- Subcontractors serving mining operations
We offer multi-line coverage options for all types of mining operations, contractors and related operators through our wholly-owned A/A- rated insurance carriers. HIIG Mining underwriters provide competitive terms to select agents and brokers nationwide on an admitted or surplus lines basis.
Our coverage options include broad mining industry-specific protection features including:
- Inland Marine
- General Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Commercial Automobile
- Pollution (Time Element)
- Excess Liability
HIIG Mining coverage extensions include (but are not limited to):
- Underground Equipment
- Continuing Rental Expense
- GL for Blasting Operations, Flood and Subsidence
- Products & Completed Operations
TARGET MARKET GRID
|Target Market||What We Don’t Want|
|Above and Below Ground Mines and Quarries||Mining & Quarry Operations:
Engineers & Consultants
- A.M. Best rated A-carrier
- Admitted Paper in most states
- $5,000 minimum premium on General Liability
- $2,500 minimum premium on Workers’ Compensation
- Liability – up to $1,000,000 occurrence / $2,000,000 aggregate
- Excess Liability up to $5,000,000 limit
- Property and Inland Marine Liability limits up to $10,000,000 per occurrence. (However, we can entertain larger schedules of values)
- HIIG Mining Application
- Completed & signed ACORD application.
- 5 years currently valued loss runs or as long as the applicant has been in business.
- Workers Compensation Census.
- Resumes of owners/managers, hiring practices, safety programs and if new venture.
NOT EVERY RISK QUALIFIES FOR COVERAGE
This information is provided as an overview of coverages available and should not be construed as underwriting guidelines, contractual terms or an offer of coverage. All submissions are subject to underwriting based on individual merits of the account.